2011 is upon us and as many of you are knee-deep into wedding details I’d like to share what we’re seeing for wedding trends this year.
- Honeysuckle is Pantone’s colour of the year and it’s a versatile shade that works with many wedding styles. Pair it with blush and gold to create a romantic, whimsical look or combine with plum and slate for a bold, modern statement.
- You don’t have to be a master-crafter to add thoughtful do-it-yourself (DIY) items to your wedding. The paper napkin ring pictured below serves double duty as a placecard and adds a stylish, personal touch to table décor. Another fun project – gather your bridal party to help assemble welcome baskets for out-of-town guests.
- Ruffles and romance are all over the runway! Brides are straying from the classic white strapless gown and opting for ‘wow’ factor details.
- One-of-a-kind jewelry is a wonderful way to express your personal style on your wedding day. The earrings pictured below are hand-crafted by local Edmonton designer Cara Cotter (So Pretty Jewelry). Her designs are available online and at Coup Garment Boutique.
- From classic shades to metallics and bold colours, glam heels never go out of style!
- You’ll be holding your bouquet for most of your big day – make sure it’s nothing less than spectacular! A large, lush bouquet with carefully considered adornments is the perfect accessory to complete your bridal look.
- A signature Jennifer Lopez look, Hilary Duff ignited the high bun bridal hair trend with her vows to NHL star Mike Comrie last summer.
- Unique stationary is a great way to set your wedding apart. Chunky table numbers and creative save-the-dates are all the rage (check out the gorgeous coasters pictured below!). We’re also seeing a return to classic calligraphy and letterpress invitations.
What wedding trends, if any, are you including in your wedding plans?
Photo Credits (Clockwise L-R): DIY Paper Napkin Ring Placecard – Thoughtfully Simple; Handcrafted Pink Grapefruit Quartz Earrings – So Pretty; Gold Manolo Blahnik Shoes – Next Exit Photography; Hilary Duff High Bun – People; Save the Date Letterpress Coasters – Oh So Beautiful Paper; Bouquet – Luster Studios; Vera Wang Farrah Gown – Vera Wang.Tweet